- Provide Leadership to the Quality Associates. Evaluate and prioritize daily activities
- Provide Technical Support and expertise to all quality and Engineering Functions.
- Conduct examinations and dimensional analysis on products, materials, components and parts at various stages of Production
- Ensure compliance with established Quality and Reliability standards utilizing multiple different measuring methods.
- Conduct Quality Audits on production lines throughout facility to ensure product conformance.
- Operate various machines using various software systems per customer and Internal prints, Work Instructions,
- Regarding precision machined dimensions, assembly tolerance stack ups, and much more.
- Determine conformance and analyze the data and make recommendations for dimensional.
- Maintain quality documentation and support systems, a clean and organized lab, and a schedule for work to be performed and work completed.
- Lead/assist with the strategy for product fixtures and mounting to be used during the measurement process.
- Generate inspection reports, capability studies, DOE results, etc. based on the measurement analysis. Interact with all areas of Production in the execution of the flow through the CMM labs
- Assist with continuous improvement projects as defined and assigned by leadership.
- Participate in decision-making process in conjunction with Quality personnel on day-to-day issues relative to the determination of product/process acceptance criteria.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
- Associates Degree in a technical / engineering program is preferred or equivalent experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to operate/use, or quickly learn various measurement methods
- Must be able to work with tight tolerances and be skilled at interpreting blueprint requirements, including GD&T
- Strong mathematical, analytical, written and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail in completing reports, studies, data analysis results accurately, legibly and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as pat of a team by providing leadership and direction while scheduling equipment and staffing to optimize lab performance.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office; including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing, Quality, and Lean Processes in particular Machining and Assembly as well as Die Cast Components and General Manufacturing requirements in the Automotive Industry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk/move; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection.