Responsible for cash application and payment variance research and resolution on accounts receivable customer balances.
- Post customer payments timely and accurately in the ERP system.
- Monitor A/R accounts - Resolve unapplied and partially paid invoicing issues.
- Work with internal and external customers within the order to cash process to ensure customer's invoicing is accurate.
- Account receivable collections - Generate and distribute customer statements and follow up to resolve customer payment issues. Conduct reviews and monitor open receivables.
- Provide administrative and clerical services to ensure effective and efficient processing. Cross train employees to ensure every task is covered.
- Assist in implementation of process improvements to streamline the order to cash process.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance from four year college or university; or minimum three years related experience; Automotive A/R experience, including processing through portals is a plus, Cash application experience preferably using QAD or other software.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have strong work ethics and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, research and resolution skills including data analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
This position requires the following physical abilities:
To sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk, to hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly sedentary; however, there is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibration and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.