Perform Managerial Floor Support, Routine production tasks and assist in various projects.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Supervisory responsibility for hourly associates in production jobs
- Develop and maintain Associate schedules to achieve production goals
- Monitoring associate progress in achieving production and conformance to job responsibilities (standard work)
- Administering disciplinary actions
- Following policies and procedures within Company guidelines
- Supporting annual objectives and actively participating in meeting goals
- Supporting and assisting engineering functions as required;
- Providing positive leadership to instill desire in associates to achieve plant safety, quality, delivery and cost goals.
- Must promote, support and maintain a high level of associate satisfaction and positive work environment.
- Must actively support and participate in the development of hourly associates entrusted to his/her supervision.
- Must provide support of and actively participate in continuous improvement efforts and initiatives.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have achieved a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a business or technical field of study.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes in an automotive supplier work environment is preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to work in a positive team environment is required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with PC using Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to demonstrate good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work any shift as needed to support the needs of the business.
This position has direct supervisory experience. It will provide the team with direction and guidance to ensure projects are prioritized and planning processes provided are in place to ensure project deadlines are achieved. This includes selecting and hiring associates, training and evaluating associates to enhance performance, development and work product, as well as, addressing performance issues and making recommendations for personnel actions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk/move; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection.