Assists the Manager of Catalog, Data, & Marketing in the profitable growth of Canadian, US, LATAM and Export market sales. Assists in the development and execution of effective aftermarket business strategies to achieve long term profitable growth. Prepares sales presentations and administers sales promotions. Maintains accurate records and measures, maintains and reports on sales and marketing budgets.
- Utilizes purchased and available market studies for the analysis of the North American brake Aftermarket sales strategy optimization.
- Prepares and updates sales presentations for the effective conveyance of our value proposition.
- Develops, recommends, implements and facilitates effective market-specific sales promotions.
- Supports the AM Sales Team and Customers to fulfill requests for information, reports and sales materials.
- Develops effective sales and marketing tools for the achievement of market-specific Business Plans.
- Coordinates all aspects of company trade association membership and meetings participation.
- Coordinates all requirements for Akebono’s successful participation in National and Local Trade show events.
- Reviews, Maintains and replenishes Point of Sale and Marketing materials.
- Negotiates optimum acquisition prices for sales and marketing materials.
- Performs competitive benchmarking on competitor pricing and marketing promotions by market.
- Maintains competitor files, weekly and bi-weekly reports and advises new developments to Manager.
- Performs market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate and recommend policy, develop promotions and assists sales team in promoting sales.
- Analyzes and reports sales and marketing expenditures to manager to manage budgetary requirements.
- Reviews and benchmarks competition sales and marketing materials and promotional items and recommends enhancements for continuous improvement.
- Assists Manager to meet customer expectations and all contractual obligations.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed sales expansion.
- Investigates new product opportunities and recommends research and development work.
- Assists in development of TS16949 and QS forms and documentation for branding compliance.
- Participates and leads cross-functional teams for the successful launch of new products and special projects.
- Liaisons with the Manager, Catalog, Data, & Marketing to implement sales and marketing initiatives.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a business field, preferably in Marketing. This is an Entry Level position (0-3 years experience), however Internship experience in Automotive Aftermarket marketing is preferred (if no job experience).
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals. Creative writing and an artistic ability is a plus.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, customers, and the general public. Professional telephone etiquette.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales budgets, sales forecasting, discounts, marketing and sales costs, gross and net margin, commissions, rebates, percentages and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to perform essential duties.
- Ability to develop instructions and guidelines to perform functions of the job when necessary.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Microsoft Project, and Lotus Notes or Outlook.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and deadline driven.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility. However, this position is required to lead cross-functional teams and manage the multiple competing deadlines from each of the interfacing departments.
This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk and hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.