Assists the Aftermarket Business Unit with the profitable growth of NAFTA and LATAM (and others as applicable) markets. Development and execution of effective aftermarket business marketing strategies to achieve long term profitable growth. Prepares sales presentations and administers sales promotions. Maintains accurate records and measures, maintains and reports on sales and marketing budgets. Manages relationship with external marketing & communication companies. Manages Akebono participation in customer and industry trade shows and events.
- Utilizes purchased and available market studies for the analysis of the North American brake Aftermarket sales & marketing strategy optimization
- Prepares and updates sales presentations for the effective conveyance of our value proposition
- Develops, recommends, implements and facilitates effective market-specific sales promotions
- Supports the AM Sales Team and Customers to fulfill requests for information, reports and sales materials
- Develops effective sales and marketing tools for the achievement of market-specific Business Plans
- Coordinates all aspects of company trade association membership and meetings participation
- Coordinates all requirements for Akebono’s successful participation in National and Local Trade show events
- Reviews, Maintains and replenishes Point of Sale and Marketing materials
- Negotiates optimum acquisition prices for sales and marketing materials with purchasing
- Performs competitive benchmarking on marketing promotions by market
- Maintains competitor marketing files, and advises new developments to team
- Performs market analyses to determine customer marketing needs
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate and recommend policy, develop promotions and assists sales team in promoting sales.
- Analyzes and reports sales and marketing expenditures to Director to manage budgetary requirements.
- Reviews and benchmarks competition sales and marketing materials and promotional items and recommends enhancements for continuous improvement
- Assists Director to meet customer expectations and all contractual obligations.
- Investigates new product opportunities and recommends research and development work.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, preferably in Marketing, with 5 or more years’ experience in automotive aftermarket (preferably in the automotive and light truck brake category).
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to speak English required; Spanish and/or Japanese desired
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as budgets, forecasting, discounts, marketing costs, gross and net margin, commissions, rebates, percentages and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (ie. Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and Lotus Notes
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Strong Industry knowledge and relationships
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibility.
This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk, to hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly sedentary; however, there is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibration and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Up to 25% travel to visit other Akebono facilities and trade shows is required. Therefore, the ability to drive a motor vehicle or fly is required.