Job Title: Fabrication Welder (1st Shift)
Department: Tool and Die
Reports to (Title Only): Tool and Die Supervisor
Workers’ Comp Code: 3632 Machine Shop
Date Created/Revised: August 22, 2018
FLSA: Exempt ☐ Non-Exempt ☒
EEO-1 Job Category: Craft Workers
Job Code: CS37
Responsibility to ensure a safe work environment, provide premier customer service, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement.
- Helps reduce lead time of parts through manufacturing.
- A key resource to handle day to day manufacturing needs.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Must manage their time accordingly to achieve the objectives.
- Helps APS, Engineering, Production, eliminate waste in all forms.
- Fabricates items in all forms needed for improving continuous improvement.
- Works with engineering, manufacturing. And on new projects.
- Participates in problem solving teams to discuss material flow improvement plans, Kaizen activities and OA improvement.
- Absolutely ensures all safety policy and procedures are followed.
- Will be required to train others
- Able to perform all types of metal fabrication & repair work.
- Will be required to work with production & schedule support for all shift support.
- Will help in all safety and ergonomic improvements.
- Will be trained in APS philosophies and techniques.
- Job reports directly to supervisor.
- This position must be very knowledgably in all types of welding and fabrication.
- This position must be able to set work times to complete jobs
- The ideal person for this position should have exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- This person should be able to come up with innovative and creative solutions.
- Will be required to do other duties as needed in support of maintenance and operations.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
High School Diploma or GED required as well as post high school education/training.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5 years’ experience and or a previously certified welder, preferred.
- A minimum 2 year degree preferred but not required.
- Computer skills must be well above average.
- Should be familiar with entering work orders, we will train this person in our system.
- Will be on call as needed to support the plant on non-related fabrication items at times.
- Must be a proficient welder in GMAW, GTAW, and SMAW welding.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.