Through approved technical training and OJT activities, learns to support production activities by performing varies skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of the equipment
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Progresses toward being proficient in such skilled maintenance activities such as: electrical, electronics, hydraulics, PLC, welding, pneumatics, moving equipment and mechanical type of work.
- Develops knowledge to operate machine tools, hand tools, various test equipment as well as other types of maintenance equipment.
- Learns to perform preventative maintenance activities.
- Learns to interpret diagrams, specifications and drawings.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes and safety programs.
- Responsible for accurate recording documentation where needed.
- May assist with maintaining inventory and records of maintenance supplies and parts
- Supports Akebono Quality System and Loss Control/Safety programs through active involvement.
- Performs clean-up activities on various processes which may require the handling of hazardous waste and insuring proper containment.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 2 year vocational training in one or more maintenance related areas (or equivalent experience may be substituted)
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing maintenance experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Strong maintenance troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in team environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk/move; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection.