Improve the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Improve reliability through precision maintenance practices.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises the completion of corrective and preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Understand the ideals of precision maintenance, precision assembly. Coach this practice to all reports to eliminate infant mortality in our repairs.
- Organizes, determines, leads, and coordinates projects from initiation to completion, including scheduling.
- Coordinates all PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors and manufacturing Engineers.
- Schedules and create training and development opportunities for Maintenance PM Support Trainees.
- Manages and assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition. Arranges replacement components or notifies management of the need to replace.
- Works with all departments to schedule projects and/or develop project scope.
- Coordinates all PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements, and makes recommendations to Management.
- Develops, implements, reviews, updates and improves equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), including: entering work orders; entering existing and new equipment; organizing the hierarchy of the equipment; update equipment change outs; closing completed work orders; entering safety documents and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that will be linked to the work orders; create and maintain maintenance spare parts inventory.
- Establishes procedures and policies for spare part control to ensure availability to critical spares to support operational efficiency, while being sensitive to working capital considerations.
- Manages training arrangements for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities.
- Adheres to all safety policies. Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, communicated and met within the department. Create an atmosphere of personal accountability.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance equipment and capital projects.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
- Diploma required. Technical Degree, Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Reliability Management experience required
- Precision Maintenance, preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) experience
- Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and Reliability Solutions experience
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Scheduling and planning workflow experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings with the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling, and storeroom processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects and keep them progressing to completion.
- Ability to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job and must be able to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
- Must be able to practice time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices
This position has direct supervisory experience. It will provide the team with direction and guidance to ensure projects are prioritized and planning processes provided are in place to ensure project deadlines are achieved. This includes selecting and hiring associates, training and evaluating associates to enhance performance, development and work product, as well as, addressing performance issues and making recommendations for personnel actions.
This position requires the following physical abilities: to sit; to use hands (to finger, handle, or feel), to reach with hands and arms, to stand, to talk, to hear and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, the specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is mostly sedentary; however, there is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts and vibration and to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.