The Production Planner/Buyer position is a diverse position that provides support for production planning, purchasing, supplier and customer interface. The core function is to manage the product flow starting with customer orders through manufacturing and finishing with shipment.
- Managing MRP system (QAD) on a daily basis and running weekly reports
- Releasing all work orders/schedules per the MRP system to the production department
- Ordering all necessary materials for the work order/production schedule per MRP guidance
- Auditing materials and lead times to identify material shortages to take steps to manage exceptions.
- Monitoring the proper inventory transactions on all work orders and making corrections as deemed necessary
- Creating machine, and assembly schedules to provide priorities to the production floor
- Monitoring/tracking production, shipping, customer rating, and inventory performance to ensure adherence to the operational metrics
- Monitoring the workload and throughput to identify under / over capacities for the available resources
- Recommending an action plans for missed operation targets
- Inventory reporting, tracking, and assisting with cycle counting or physical when needed
- Monthly update of metrics and KPI’s
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years’ experience in production planning, purchasing, or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with QAD is preferred, 2 years of experience with any ERP system is required
- Two years of relevant manufacturing experience is required
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk/move; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection.