This position is an integral member of the site leadership team. The Controller participates with the leadership team to create a plant vision and goals and provides strong business partner support to provide accurate and timely reporting to drive key operational metrics.
- Manage the timely completion of month end financial close process.
- Demonstrate awareness of all elements of the site's financial statements.
- Prepare all post closing financial analysis, performance reports, and meaningful commentary.
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budget at the site level.
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze product standard costs.
- Support the analytical needs of Corporate finance.
- Partner with site management to increase plant efficiency and profitability as well as proposed business actions.
- Identify issues and proactively initiate analyses / solutions to site issues.
- Assist in the preparation of capital appropriations requests.
- Track cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting.
- Perform ad hoc analysis.
- Coordinates annual physical inventory and scheduled fixed asset audits in partnership with materials department.
- Prioritizes capital spending according to budget limitations; approves capital requests.
- Responsible for finance staff members for cost, accounts payable / receivable, indirect purchasing, payroll, and financial analysis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant preferred.
Education and/or Experience (minimum required for the position)
Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting is required. Ten years of progressive cost accounting and analysis experience with a major manufacturing organization. Minimum of three years of supervisory and/or management experience is required. Graduate degree in Business Administration / Finance is preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong experience in management accounting, cost and inventory accounting, and GAAP.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required to quickly grasp issues impacting the site's financial results.
- Strong IT aptitude is needed to deliver effective desktop reporting, utilize business tools, and provide effective presentation of information.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
- Must have successful track record as a leader and be able to define and communicate clear vision, goals, and service standards.
- Must have ability to manage projects, work independently and communicate effectively to all areas and levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships throughout the organization.
- JSOX or Sarbanes-Oxley experience desired.
- Must have strong experience in plant with more than $250 million in sales or production volume exceeding 10 million units annually
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to perform essential duties.
- Ability to develop instructions and guidelines to perform functions of the job as required.
This position has direct supervisory experience. This includes selecting and hiring associates, training and evaluating associates to enhance performance, development and work product, as well as, addressing performance issues and making recommendations for personnel actions. The Plant Controller will work with Vice President and CFO to motivate and reward associates including pay adjustments and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.